Stephen Perry & Co is an established and reputable sole practitioner firm of Chartered Management Accountants, offering a wide range of accounting, advisory, commercial and management services to a variety of SMEs and charities.
We seek an ambitious, organised and experienced Senior Practice Accountant to join this growing business at competitive salary rate.
Essential skills and duties:
The ideal candidate will have experience with practice development, marketing and networking. We ask for evidence of more than 2 years post-qualified experience (ACCA/ACA/CIMA/MAAT). The candidate should also be familiar with cloud technology and moving clients to web services, as well as able to manage a client portfolio and be responsible for their own fee base.
Primary responsibilities will include:-
- Year end accounts preparation for companies, partnerships and sole traders;
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts;
- Monthly and quarterly cash-flows, budgeting and forecasting;
- Integrate planning models;
- Operating and supervising payrolls for small businesses to deadlines;
- Corporate and Personal Taxation computations and returns;
- Tax and remuneration planning for owner managed businesses;
- Cloud accounting experience including QuickBooks Online, Xero;
- Preparing VAT Returns and giving VAT advice; and
- Assisting with the development and documentation of new operating procedures.
Desirable personal traits:
- Excellent people and communication skills;
- Confident people management skills;
- Highly organised and works to tight deadlines;
- Interest in the use of technology in professional services.
How to apply
Please email a copy of your CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org